For some, a “Work out” is considered just running, but it is really important and healthy for an individual to lift weights too to help maintain or develop a balanced fitness level.
I recently read an article that explains the benefits one can receive from adding weight lifting into their workouts and it is essential for people to know them.
- You can lose 40% more fat- according to studies, it is common for people who lift weights to lose more fat. People who only run or do cardio tend to lose not only fat, but muscle as well.
- Your clothes will fit better- With more fat burned clothes will feel better on you.
- You will burn more calories- lifting weights can burn more calories than running and increase you fitness level.
- You will be happier- from lifting weights improvement in your anger and overall mood can happen. This can make your heart a lot healthier.
- You can improve your stress levels- blood pressure goes back to normal faster and the body carries less levels of stress hormones.
- Stronger bones- bone growth is known to occur with resistance training.
- Get into shape faster- you can lift for a shorter amount of time than you would run to burn the same amount of calories. It saves you time.
- Healthy heart- people who have lifted weights regularly have decreased their blood pressure by 8 points.
- More productive- research has shown that production level increases on day that you exercise and lift weights.
10. Can live longer- research shows that total body strength is linked to a lower risk of death from cardio arrest as well as cancer.